This event is designed to equip new and practicing assessors with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to ensure their assessment practice is in line with both Regulation and National Occupational Standards. It will explore how to avoid costly over-assessment and over-evidencing, whilst focusing on maintaining high quality assessment.
This continuous professional development Assessor training event will be delivered in a 1-day learning programme, which will include practical activities, tutor input and a range of exercises. The event is highly interactive and delivered through coaching and facilitation to ensure all delegates achieve their desired outcomes from the day.
The aim of the event is to identify the range of assessment methods available and how best to apply them for streamlined, cost-effective assessment, with an emphasis on quality assurance.
By the end of this event delegates will be able to:
• Explain the range of assessment methods for both performance and knowledge and understanding
• Describe the key features of each method and their potential application
• Apply the skills of assessment in the work environment to Standard 9
• Evaluate the benefits of a range of assessment methods and how they might be applied
• Review strategies for streamlining assessment, whilst maintaining quality.
• Identify, plan and implement a personal and/or staff development programme for assessment practice
This event is aimed at all practicing assessors who wish to practice in line with regulation and Standard 9 of the National Occupational Standards for Learning & Development. In addition it is appropriate for new assessors wishing to gain skills, knowledge and understanding in relation to assessment methods, as well as those responsible for the quality of assessment practice.
Upon successful completion of the event, Delegates will receive a continuous professional development certificate.