The manager’s role is to lead, mentor and support an employee to proactively engage in their employment, contributing to the growth of an organisation and working in a way that supports the individual’s own growth as well as the organisation’s objectives and values. The management role involves supporting employees who may present with mental ill health and promoting a positive, ‘wellness at work’ culture. This two-day course will support Managers to achieve this.
By the end of the training, learners will be able to:
- Understand mental health and wellbeing
- Understand how mental ill health affects the experience of individuals
- Understand the mental health continuum
- Understand ways to self-manage own wellbeing
- Understand the moral, financial and legal rationale for supporting wellbeing in the workplace
- Understand the relationship between mental wellbeing and the workplace
- Understand ways to engage in a mental health conversation with employees
- Understand ways to support employees in relation to their mental health and wellbeing
- Understand the absence management and return to work process in relation to mental health and wellbeing
Upon successful completion of two multiple-choice assessments, a certificate will be issued by Highfield Qualifications.
There are no specific entry requirements, but it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
Are assessment and registration fees included in the cost?
Yes all course fees are included in the cost.
How is the course delivered?
The course can be delivered in a classroom setting or a virtual classroom online over Zoom.
I have dyslexia or other learning needs, what support is available?
We can make reasonable adjustments for your needs. Please see the following policies and procedures – access arrangements, special considerations and reasonable adjustments.
I have a physical disability, what facilities do you have?
Our training center in Chorley is fully accessible with the main training room located on the ground floor. There is a wheelchair accessible toilet on the ground floor and a wheelchair accessible lift to the first floor.
Are lunch and refreshments provided?
Yes, lunch and refreshments, including tea and coffee, are provided within the cost of the course if it is held in Chorley.
Is parking available?
Yes, there is free parking available at our training center in Chorley.
How is the course assessed?
This qualification is assessed by two multiple-choice assessments.