Level 3 Award Education & Training
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (also known as EAT and previously PTLLS) is for pre-service or in-service Teachers or Associate Teachers, and is aimed at learners who:
- Would like an introduction to teaching or training in the Lifelong Learning Sector, or
- Are seeking career progression within their area or work, and/or
- Teach on a one-to-one and/or group basis.
The qualification is suitable for those who work or want to work as:
- Teachers and trainers in the Lifelong Learning Sector, i.e. further, adult and community education, work-based learning and the voluntary sector, provided they are qualified/experienced at the appropriate level in the subject they intend to teach.
- Technicians and support staff in further and adult education.
The Award is made up of three units:
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in education and training
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment in education and training
An assessment of a 15 minute microteaching session will be carried out towards the end of the program.
Upon successful completion of the course, Learners will receive a certificate issued
by ’Industry Qualifications’, who are approved by Ofqual.
This course is currently available on an ‘in-house basis’ for 6 or more learners from just £2500. Please email or call for more information.
Candidates are required to be at least 19 years old and have a good level of literacy, numeracy and IT.
11th – 15th March 2024
Are accreditation fees included?
Yes, accreditation fees and certification fees are included in the course price.
I have dyslexia, or other needs, is there any support available?
Yes, please inform us if you are dyslexic. We can make reasonable adjustment to support your specific learning needs.
I have a physical disability, what facilities do you have?
Our training centre in Chorley is fully accessible with the main training room located on the ground floor. There is a wheelchair accessible toilet on the ground floor and a wheelchair accessible lift to the first floor.
How long will I need to wait for my certificate?
The certificates are sent from the Awarding Body, NOCN, and can take up to 6 weeks.
When will I find out if I have passed?
You will receive feedback on your achievement on the final day of the course.