Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
No time off work
£2295 + vat
Pay in 2, 3 or 6 instalments
0% Finance over 12 months
This qualification is supported by Skills for Care, the sector skills council for the adult care sector in England. It is designed for those learners working in senior practice and/or lead practitioner roles in adult care settings such as residential care, domiciliary care or day services, typically with responsibility for assessing performance and quality of care delivery, providing coaching and mentoring to their colleagues. The qualification content is appropriate for a variety of senior practice roles such as:
- Community care officer
- Physiotherapy assistant
- Re-ablement support worker
- Social care assistant
What is included and what should I expect?
You can start this course anytime and it will take up to 18 months to complete.
Classroom attendance is not required, as the qualification is delivered within the workplace. You will be assigned a tutor/assessor at the beginning of the course, who will work with you throughout the programme.
During this course, you will cover the following mandatory units:
- Lead communication in adult care settings
- Develop, maintain and use records and reports
- Personal development in adult social care settings
- Lead inclusive practice in adult care settings
- Facilitate person centred assessment to support wellbeing
- Facilitate support planning to ensure positive outcomes for individuals and to support wellbeing
- Professional practice in adult care settings
- Working in partnership with others
- Understand personalisation in adult care and support services
- Understand safeguarding and protection in adult care settings
In addition to this, you will also choose additional optional units.
To enrol onto this course you must:
- Be aged over 16 years old.
- Currently be employed in a care setting in a position relevant to this qualification.
Why choose Compass?
No jargon – we explain what you need to provide in plain English
No time away from work – you can complete it in your own time and in work.
One to one support – your Assessor will give you as much support as you need by email and phone.
Customer service – our team is available to support our candidates and assessors while you concentrate on what’s important to you – getting your qualification.
Our Assessors are from a care background. They know the pressures you’re under and will help you complete the course in a way that suits you best.
Not Sure It's For You?
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any prior knowledge or training I need before I do this qualification?
No. There are no entry requirements although you do need to be in a senior care role so you can be assessed.
How does the process work?
When you enrol, you are provided with a logon to our online platform. This guides you through:
- Your induction and introduction to your qualification
- Some reading material followed by questions you need to answer
- What documents you need to upload
- Your workplace visit requirements
- Your Assessor gets in touch within 7-10 days of your enrolment and will then give you feedback on how you’re doing each step of the way, until your completion.
How to I submit my work?
Your portfolio is managed on our online Learning Platform. We have a dedicated Customer Service team in case you run into any difficulties who can talk you through how it works. There are also some helpful videos along the way to give you some hints and tips.
What if English is not my first language?
The qualification is completed and assessed in English although we will make every effort to accommodate any special requirements you have.
Are there any additional costs?
All registration fees, travel expenses and vat is included in the price. You have access to the online portfolio system for 24 months. If you have not completed by this time you may need to pay additional fees.
I have dyslexia, is there any support available?
Yes – your Assessor will support you to enable you to complete this qualification.
How long will it take to complete?
This depends on each individual. The average completion for a Level 4 is 12-18 months. You are supported by your Assessor for 2 years after which you will be dormant on our system.
Can I get help with the cost of the course?
Various payment plans are available on to spread the cost.
Or your employer may consider an Apprenticeship route to pay for the course through the Levy system.
Who issues my certificate?
This qualification is certificated by Highfield who will issue your certificate when you complete.
How long will I need to wait for my certificate?
The certificates are sent from Highfield and can take up to 10 working days. We will email you an electronic copy of the certificate as soon as we receive it and send the hard copy in the post.