NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence
Compass are a Gold Accredited NEBOSH Learning Partner and are proud to deliver this one-day course developed with the Health and Safety Executive for senior business managers and those aspiring to this role in the future.
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence is interactive and thought provoking. It highlights the moral, legal and financial reasons for good health and safety leadership and offers guidance on the key areas to focus on to achieve it.
The Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence is made up of 7 hours tuition and 3 hours pre-course reading. It is made up of one unit: Unit HSL1: Health and safety leadership. The course is assessed by means of an on the day assessment which includes a leadership intervention that the student is planning to undertake.
The course will help individuals become a better influencer of health and safety within their organizations and will cover:
- What health and safety leadership means
- The moral, legal and financial reasons for good health and safety leadership
- The links between health and safety leadership and culture
- What the different leadership styles are
- How human failures can impact performance and culture
- The HSE’s model of effective health and safety leadership
- How leaders can build effective relationships with the workforce
There are no specific entry requirements, but it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
Are assessment and registration fees included in the cost?
Yes all course fees are included in the cost for online and classroom courses.
How is the course delivered?
The course can be delivered in a classroom setting or a virtual classroom online over Zoom.
I have dyslexia or other learning needs, what support is available?
We can make reasonable adjustments for your needs. Please see the following policies and procedures – access arrangements, special considerations and reasonable adjustments.
I have a physical disability, what facilities do you have?
Our training center in Chorley is fully accessible with the main training room located on the ground floor. There is a wheelchair accessible toilet on the ground floor and a wheelchair accessible lift to the first floor.
Is lunch provided?
Yes, lunch and refreshments are provided within the cost of the course.
Is parking available?
Yes, there is free parking available at our training center in Chorley.
- Tutor support
- Delivered over videoconference
- Access learning materials from any device
- Focussed study away from the workplace
- Face-to-face tutor support
- Interact with other professionals
- Study and learn alongside colleagues
- Tailored content to suit your organisation
- Choose from classroom or distance learning