This 2 day course runs for 2 consecutive days.
The SSSTS is a 2 day course designed for site supervisors. Candidates will learn about their legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
The SSSTS is taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and presentations, with the CITB exam at the end of the course. You will need to do some self-study outside of the course. The Tutor will support candidates knowledge and understanding by classroom and individual discussion.
Upon successful completion of the course CITB will issue the SSSTS certificate which is valid for 5 years.
The SSSTS course covers:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Specific site issues that challenge supervisors on a daily basis
- Effective toolbox talks
- Supervision of occupational health
- Behavioural safety
Remote training information
- To attend the course delegates must have access to a computer, laptop, tablet or phone that uses a microphone and webcam.
- Connection quality is the responsibility of the delegate. If you have any issues connecting to zoom please visit their System Requirements for PC, Mac, and Linux here.
- Please login before the course start time, late arrivals may not be able to attend.
- You will be asked to present your photographic ID over webcam on the course.
- Compass will contact you to arrange your exam time which is usually delivered the day after the course.
- All necessary course materials will be provided in digital format. You will be emailed a downloadable version of the book on the course.
Is there any prior knowledge I need before coming on the course?
An understanding of how a site operates. The tutor is there to assist with group tasks and activities.
What if English is not my first language?
It is a CITB requirement that the candidate is able to read, write and understand English to a good level.
When will I find out if I have passed?
You will find out on the day of the course. An email is sent the day after the course to confirm your pass.
How long will I need to wait for my certificate?
The certificates are sent from CITB and can take up to 10 weeks.
Are accreditation fees included?
Yes, accreditation fees and certification fees are included in the course price.
I have dyslexia, or other needs, is there any support available?
Yes, please inform us if you are dyslexic. We can make reasonable adjustment to support your specific learning needs.
I have a physical disability, what facilities do you have?
Our training centre in Chorley is fully accessible with the main training room located on the ground floor. There is a wheelchair accessible toilet on the ground floor and a wheelchair accessible lift to the first floor.
Can I get help with the cost of the course?
Compass are an CITB Approved Training Organisation, and as part of CITB’s automated grant payments system it makes it easier for CITB Levy payers to book courses with us, and be reimbursed for it.Just include the CITB levy number in the delegate registration form.
What if I do not achieve a pass mark?
Dependant on the exam result, an exam re-sit is available in line with CITB criteria without having to attend the whole course.
Is lunch provided?
Yes, within the cost of the course there is a buffet lunch, hot and cold drinks and biscuits – unless the course is being delivered remotely (ie online).