Who is the course for?
This NVQ Level 3 Construction Contracting Operations qualification is aimed at technical individuals working in a wide range of site or office based roles in the construction industry. Our unique approach can help you complete this in as little as eight weeks. It covers competency standards in Planning; Estimating; Surveying; Buying and Site Technical Support roles. If you have sufficient experience, but do not have the required NVQ qualification to register for your CSCS card then this is for you.
The CSCS card is fast becoming a national safety & skills standard for individuals and companies in the construction industry. The government aims to register every competent construction worker throughout the CSCS scheme. Many companies are now being asked to certificate their workforce in order to qualify for government and local authority contracts.
What will I study on the course?
Unlike most qualifications this one takes place mainly at work
- The process begins with an initial assessment to identify any specific training you might needs in addition to assessment
- Proof of your experience , much of it in the form of work related documents and photographs, is collected in an e-portfolio
- An Assessor will review your portfolio of evidence with you, and carry out observations of you at work
- Your knowledge of your work role is captured through both written questions and answers and a professional discussion with your Assessor
Core mandatory units include:
- Operate health, safety and welfare systems
- Prepare programmes and schedules of work
- Develop and maintain working relationships of personal development
- Operate project information systems in construction
Additional units are required and are dependant upon the qualification within this suite that is best for the candidate. You can view a full list of optional units here.
What makes this course special?
- The course provides the opportunity to prove your skills and knowledge even if you have no other formal qualifications
- Can be achieved without attending a College or taking an exam
- Can be achieved in a relatively short period
- The course is certificated by NOCN
- Provides access to a Gold CSCS card
- Payment plans can be arranged for those self funding this qualification
Rate: £1500 inclusive of vat. 50% is payable upon enrolment and 50% upon completion