Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care (England)
No time off work
£1795 + vat
Pay in 2, 3 or 6 instalments
0% Finance over 12 months
This course is suitable for adults at the start of their career or for employed adults who want to professionally progress.
The course is designed to help you advance your career in the adult health and social care sector and will provide the skills, knowledge and experience needed to work successfully within a healthcare setting.
What is included and what should I expect?
You can start this course anytime and it will take up to 14 months to complete.
Classroom attendance is not required, as the qualification is delivered within the workplace. You will be assigned a tutor/assessor at the beginning of the course, who will work with you throughout the programme.
During this course, you will cover the following mandatory units:
- Duty of Care in care settings
- Effective communication in care settings
- Equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights in care settings
- Health and safety in care settings
- Handling information in care settings
- Infection prevention and control
- Mental capacity and restrictive practice
- Person-Centred practice in care settings
- Promote choice and independence for individuals
- Promote continuous development in care settings
- Promote health and wellbeing in care settings
- Promote personal wellbeing in care settings
- Safeguarding in care settings
- Ways of working in care settings
In addition to this, you will also choose additional optional units.
To enrol onto this course you must:
- Be aged over 16 years old.
- Currently be employed in a care setting in a senior or team leader position.
Why choose Compass?
No jargon – we explain what you need to provide in plain English
No time away from work – you can complete it in your own time and in work.
One to one support – your Assessor will give you as much support as you need by email and phone.
Customer service – our team is available to support our candidates and assessors while you concentrate on what’s important to you – getting your qualification.
Our Assessors are from a care background. They know the pressures you’re under and will help you complete the course in a way that suits you best.
Not Sure It's For You?
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any prior knowledge or training I need before I do this qualification?
No. There are no entry requirements although you do need to be in a senior care role so you can be assessed.
How does the process work?
When you enrol, you are provided with a logon to our online platform. This guides you through:
- Your induction and introduction to your qualification
- Some reading material followed by questions you need to answer
- What documents you need to upload
- Your workplace visit requirements
- Your Assessor gets in touch within 7-10 days of your enrolment and will then give you feedback on how you’re doing each step of the way, until your completion.
How to I submit my work?
Your portfolio is managed on our online Learning Platform. We have a dedicated Customer Service team in case you run into any difficulties who can talk you through how it works. There are also some helpful videos along the way to give you some hints and tips.
What if English is not my first language?
The qualification is completed and assessed in English although we will make every effort to accommodate any special requirements you have.
Are there any additional costs?
All registration fees, travel expenses and vat is included in the price. You have access to the online portfolio system for 18 months. If you have not completed by this time you may need to pay additional fees.
I have dyslexia, is there any support available?
Yes – your Assessor will support you to enable you to complete this qualification.
How long will it take to complete?
This depends on each individual. The average completion for a Level 3 is 9-12 months. You are supported by your Assessor for eighteen months after which you will be dormant on our system.
Can I get help with the cost of the course?
Various payment plans are available on to spread the cost.
Or your employer may consider an Apprenticeship route to pay for the course through the Levy system.
Who issues my certificate?
This qualification is certificated by NOCN who will issue your certificate when you complete.
How long will I need to wait for my certificate?
The certificates are sent from NOCN and can take up to 10 working days. We will email you an electronic copy of the certificate as soon as we receive it and send the hard copy in the post.